Keto is a term used to refer to the diet pattern consisting the low-carb, and high-fat vegetables or fruits. Keto garlic fried tomatoes are one such option to include when on a keto diet.
Keto garlic fried tomatoes are a tantalizingly delicious dish that is a suitable addition to savory dishes. The savory items are items with salty or spicy flavors.
This is an appropriate match for rice, grilled fish, eggs, and smoked salmon, as a side dish. It is a tricky way to utilize extra tomatoes (if any) for this purpose.
The recipe is very easy to carry out and will not take much time. The time required is to collect the ingredients.
The ingredients are to be separately made ready and should be kept in the refrigerator. If you are using this dish along with the bread you can have a meal without meat, just like a vegan-friendly dish item.
You can prepare this dish in the air fryer also. Keto garlic fried tomatoes are a popular high-fat, and low-carb diet since this dish is prepared by frying tomatoes in healthy oil.
It can be prepared with ripe tomatoes, as well as green tomatoes. The ingredients may differ accordingly.
In this article, I have talked about different methods of preparing keto garlic fried tomatoes and have also highlighted a few more health benefits regarding the keto diet.
Keto-friendly vegetable items may include-
- Green beans
- Parsley leaves
- Spaghetti squash
Other keto items produced by plants are nuts, cocoa powder, seeds, dark chocolate, butter, clarified butter, olive oil, unsweetened coffee or tea, etc.
Ingredients Needed To Make Keto Garlic Fried Tomatoes
Even though the tomato is a keto-friendly vegetable (or fruit), all types of tomato products are not included in a ketogenic diet.
The readily available tomato products bought from the shops like tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato juice, etc., contain added sugar and thus are not keto-friendly.
Keto garlic fried tomatoes are a keto-friendly dish. There are two different styles of preparation. Either you can use ripe tomatoes (commonly used), or you can use green tomatoes.
There is a little bit of difference in ingredients, and the method of preparation. This is highly consumed by the people residing in the Mediterranean region.
The preparation is not at all time-consuming, provided that all the ingredients should be made readily available or kept in the refrigerator.
Method 1: Preparation With Ripe Tomatoes
This is the most commonly used method of preparing Keto garlic fried tomatoes. Many prefer this method as ripe tomatoes are available more easily than green ones.
- Garlic cloves finely chopped
- Ripe tomatoes sliced uniformly
- Olive oil for frying (used as a low-carb oil)
- Chopped parsley leaves
- Finely chopped hot chili powder
- Powdered sea salt
- Freshly powdered black pepper
- Red pepper flakes
- Rustic bread ( or baguette )
- Take a clean large bowl
- Mix the ingredients such as parsley, chili powder, and garlic
- Cut the top and end of the tomatoes (as the top and the end portion of the tomato is not used)
- Make thick slices of the tomatoes
- Choose a big-size frying pan or a non-stick skillet (as per convenience)
- Heat the olive oil with medium heat (should never boil olive oil)
- Add the slices of the tomatoes into the hot oil inside the frying pan
- Season the slices with the pepper powder, and the sea salt
- Cook for one minute
- Flip over the slices. Again season with pepper powder, and salt
- Spread the garlic mixture on the slices
- Cook for a minute
- Shake the pan to get the ingredients mixed and to make it soft
- Serve it immediately.
Serve the slices first, and then pour the juices over the slices from the pan This can be served along with rice, fish, bread, etc. Also, this can be served alone as a side dish.
Method 2: Preparation With Green Tomatoes
- Green tomatoes
- Powdered garlic
- Parmesan cheese
- Paprika powder
- Cayenne powder
- Pepper powder
- Coconut (finely powdered)
- Oil for frying
- Take a large sized bowl
- Mix the ingredients
- Keep the mixture aside
- Slice the ripe tomatoes
- Heat the oil using a skillet or frying pan over a medium heat
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl
- Dip the slices of tomatoes into the whisked egg
- Then fry the tomatoes slices along with the mixture prepared
- Stop when the crispy and golden texture is formed
Certain vegetables are not included in the keto diet. These are-
- Onions (in large numbers)
- Sweet potatoes
- Squash (like corn squash, butternut squash, etc.
Points To Remember While Preparing Keto Garlic Fried Tomatoes
The Keto garlic fried tomatoes can be prepared using the air fryer also instead of the frying pan. These points should be considered-
- When an air fryer is used, spread olive oil on the tomato slices
- Then add the seasoning items. Keep them in the frying basket inside the air. Then cook at 380°F for 8 minutes.
- It is not a fixed time as the cooking should be done until the dish is softened
- If you are preparing this dish on the stove, you can use a skillet instead of the frying pan
- The quantity of olive oil should be enough to cover the bottom
- Make thick slices as the shape of the slice is preserved
- Do not heat the olive oil much, because, olive oil is normally used in medium heat only
- It is better to keep the ingredients ready separately in the refrigerator and take them back at the time of cooking
There are several well-liked methods of dieting, and researchers have also created customizable procedures.
However, all of these protocols are impractical because some human bodies are incompatible with specific dietary regimens, which could harm their health.
Not only that, but while deciding which diet to follow and how it would benefit people in the long run, age and health issues must also be taken into account.
Since some foods must be avoided by the dietary philosophy followed by a specific individual.
But if that person is having metabolic or digestive disorders, the eliminated item which is to be avoided in the keto diet must be included in their diet.
However, in the keto diet, ketone bodies are used as the energy source instead of carbohydrates because low-carb foods do not provide the glucose necessary for producing the energy needed by the body.
What Is Keto?
The Ketogenic diet was formulated by Dr.Russel Wilder in the year 1942. Ketogenic or keto is a diet and a nutritional therapy used in mainstream medical science as a treatment for certain types of diseases.
The ketone bodies supply the energy needed for the digestive process. In the keto diet, one can gain enough calories from protein and fat and very less calories from carbohydrates.
The Keto diet is used to reduce body weight, and for treating certain health conditions such as heart diseases, brain diseases, acne (a certain type of skin disease), digestive complaints, etc.
As the Keto diet follows a low-carb dietary system, it is practiced by diabetic patients also. It is also used by those with other nervous system disorders.
The application of this diet pattern is to be as per the advice of a physician. Otherwise, it may result in constipation, low blood sugar, and indigestion.
The Keto diet plan has many pros and cons. All fruits and vegetables cannot be included in the keto plan.
Low-carb fruits and vegetables are considered ketogenic. The diet should be strictly followed as per the principles, and never go to a critical stage.
Health Benefits Of The Keto Plan
It is just like a balanced diet. But there is some sacrifice to be done in avoiding certain fruits, or food items. The following are the health benefits of following a keto plan-
- The keto diet plan could reduce appetite: Thus, the desire to eat food items unwantedly can be avoided.
- It can aid in weight loss: The Keto diet also reduces harmful abdominal fat. Thus the excess belly fat can be balanced with a keto plan.
- Could Help In Balancing Out Triglycerides: A high level of fat in the blood called triglycerides can also be balanced through the keto diet.
- May Increase good cholesterol: The Keto diet plan could also increase the presence of good cholesterol like high-density lipoprotein (HDL).
- May help in managing blood pressure: This diet also controls blood pressure and insulin levels. Thus, sugar patients can adopt this diet plan.
Side-Effects Of Keto Diet
The Keto diet plan has many health benefits, but there are some downsides that occur our way due to a lot of reasons-
- Nutrient deficiency: The absence of some items like whole grains, beans, certain fruits, and vegetables from the diet could cause nutrient deficiencies and constipation.
- May negatively impact eating habits: The restrictive diet system that is adopted, may result in obsessive and disordered eating.
- Short-term downsides: Tiredness, headache, stomach upset, and brain fog
- Long-term side effects: Liver diseases, kidney stones, osteoporosis, etc.
As a result, anyone can try the keto garlic tomatoes even if they are not on a ketogenic diet because they have a divine flavor and are a must-try for food enthusiasts.
Green or red tomatoes can be used to make keto fried tomatoes, and the cooking procedures are simply a few simple steps as I’ve talked about the same above.
However, the keto diet often forbids anything with too many carbohydrates and is high in protein and fat, making fat the source of energy. Therefore, it is crucial to adhere to the keto diet.