Who doesn’t love freshly baked fluffy muffins, right? Muffins can be served as a morning breakfast, and can also be eaten as a quick and easy evening snack whenever you’re starting to feel a little hungry! But what if you can make fluffy pancakes with the same muffin mixture you use to make the muffins?
Yes, you can make pancakes from the muffin mix mixture, and here is how! You can sure customize these according to you, and add your favorite add-ons like strawberries, cream, and syrups. These pancakes can be made on a flat-top grill, something that is available nowadays in all households.
Ingredients For Muffin Mix Pancakes With Regular Milk
The recipe for the muffin mix pancakes is super duper easy to make and can make for a quick breakfast. Everyone starting from the kids to the elderly would love these pancakes!
Here is what all you need:-
- 1 pack of Just Add Water muffin mix. These are available in a variety of flavors like blueberry and banana and choco chip. You can definitely choose which is your family favorite or just your personal favorite.
- 1 and a ¼ cup of baking mix.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or extract
- Butter or oil. You would need these to grease your flat top grill so that the flipping of the pancakes is simple. Adding a little bit of butter on the top also will enhance the taste and flavor of the pancakes.
Want To Make These Pancakes With Buttermilk Instead?
There is a lot of preference for buttermilk over regular milk. You can use buttermilk if you feel so. But if you want to use buttermilk, the recipe will change a bit. Here is the changed list of ingredients:
- 1 pack of Just Add Water muffin mix. This remains the same. Again you can choose your preferred flavor.
- 1 cup of Baking mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or essence
- ⅓ cup of chocolate chips. This is totally optional. You can put chocolate shavings too if you don’t have chips at home. But if you don’t want them to be too sweet, you can skip this step.
- Butter or oil for greasing the pan. This is very important. This would help you to flip the pancakes better. You can take some oil in a spray bottle and add it to the surface right before you pour in the pancake/muffin mix.
Regular milk pancakes taste no different than buttermilk pancakes. Buttermilk pancakes were definitely fluffier to look at, but tastewise they were the same! If you want to use buttermilk that is okay, but if you do not have buttermilk in your fridge, regular milk is just fine.
How To Make Muffin Mix Pancakes On A Flat Top Grill?
- Preheat your flat top grill- Preheat the flat top grill to 350 degrees. The thermometer would be of great help in this regard as it would notify you whenever the desired temperature is reached.
- Mix all the wet ingredients together- Mix, Mix, and Mix! Combine the milk, egg, and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and stir it.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix- They would include the muffin mix of your choice, and the baking mix. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixture.
- Grease your flattop grill- Before you put the batter on the flattop grill, you need to grill the surface well. It is really important. You can use a combination of oil and butter. Adding a little bit of oil to the butter will help the butter to not burn. Make sure to control the temperatures really well as these flat top grills can get really hot in a short span of time.
- Spoon the muffin mix pancakes on the flat top until done- Take a big spoon and take some of the batter. Place the batter on the grill once it is greased. Do not flatten the scoops and let them stay a little fluffy. Cook your muffin mix until they start turning brown and have bubbles on the sides.
- Cook muffin mix pancakes on the flat top until done- Flip the pancakes to the other side and let them cook again until they start turning brown. You will notice that it will start becoming fluffy and spongy.
- Transfer it to a plate from the grill and allow it to cool for some time as they would be piping hot!
- Serve your pancakes warm with the toppings of your choice- Plate the pancakes nicely and serve them with your favorite delicious toppings. You can add chocolate syrup, maple syrup, whipped cream, bananas, strawberries, and all the other delicacies. These pancakes turn out so yummy that sometimes there is no need for the toppings, they taste heavenly even without them.
Other Muffin Mix Pancakes To Try
Do you know that there are other muffin mix pancake flavors that you can try, as there are a variety of flavors available? Here is a list of all the other flavors of Just Add Water mixes that you can try.
- Blueberry Just Add Water Mix is a great flavor to try out and serve with some fresh berries., whipped cream and maple syrup on the top.
- Banana Just Add Water Mix is another great flavor and can be served with freshly chopped bananas.
- Triple Berry muffin mix is another flavor to try. It can be served with some strawberries and melted white chocolate on the side. Yum!
- The most favorite Chocolate Chip Just Add Water Mix is a must-try for all with some Nutella.
How To Freeze And Reheat Pancakes?
We often face the problem of the muffin mix leftovers since whenever they are made, they are made in a large batch. But here is how you can reuse these easily without worrying about them being stale.
To freeze the pancakes, you have to first let them cool down to room temperature. Transfer the leftover pancake to a freezer bag, and zip lock it so that there is no excess air in it. Store the pancakes in the freezer until you are ready to reheat them or eat them!
Now the second question is, how to reheat the pancake? It is advised to reheat the pancakes in a toaster oven as it would heat all the sides evenly. To reheat your pancakes, place them out of the freezer in a toaster oven or under counter toaster oven. Then cook the frozen pancakes in the “toast” setting. Note down the setting on your toaster as it can vary from one toaster to another. Make sure to keep an eye on your pancakes while they are heating because sure you don’t want to burn them. They will exactly taste like the ones you make on the flat-top grill!
This muffin mix makes about 12 pancakes at a time, and they take about 5-10 Honestly speaking, the just add water muffin mix is a savior for all the lazy If you are not a big fan of chocolate chips, then you can add the other flavors of your choice. There is really no boundary to using the recipe as it is very versatile and would work as well with other muffin mixes. Use the blueberry, banana or triple berry one like we mentioned above. To top it off, use fresh berries, maple syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, chopped bananas, or any other topping of your choice.
Muffin Mix Pancakes On A Flat top Grill
minutes to prepare. The cooking time is also about 10 minutes so be
ready to spend a total time of 20 minutes.
teens out there too. They are so easy to make, you literally just have
to put the water in and mix it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 391Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0 gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 700mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 9g
This muffin mix makes about 12 pancakes at a time, and they take about 5-10
Honestly speaking, the just add water muffin mix is a savior for all the lazy
If you are not a big fan of chocolate chips, then you can add the other flavors of your choice. There is really no boundary to using the recipe as it is very versatile and would work as well with other muffin mixes. Use the blueberry, banana or triple berry one like we mentioned above. To top it off, use fresh berries, maple syrup, whipped cream, strawberries, chopped bananas, or any other topping of your choice.