Bacon is the perfect meat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Do you know how to cook your bacon and ensure it is delicious?
Bacon generally comes in thick slices or thin strips. For optimal flavor, select either a center-cut slice of bacon (thicker) or nitrate-free turkey bacon strips (slimmer).
If you prefer bacon with a smoky taste, select hickory-smoked bacon. Bacon with a sweet flavor is also available.
Raw pork can carry harmful bacteria that can cause illness if not prepared properly. It is best to wear an apron or use paper towels to clean your hands when cooking with bacon or raw pork.
Ways To Cook Delicious Bacon
- 1 Ways To Cook Delicious Bacon
- 1.1 Bacon-Infused Potato Salad
- 1.2 Bacon And Vegetable Soup
- 1.3 Bacon Onion Cheese Bread
- 1.4 Bacon-Wrapped Dates
- 1.5 Bacon And Cheese Puffed Pastry Bites
- 1.6 Bacon And Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1.7 Bacon And Cheese Quiche
- 1.8 Bacon And Cheese Waffles
- 1.9 Bacon And Cheese Hoagie
- 1.10 Bacon Macaroni And Cheese Bake
- 2 Conclusion
Here are different ways to cook bacon that could be easily given a try-
Bacon-Infused Potato Salad
This recipe doubles as a refreshing salad and a yummy side dish. It’s best served cold, so it’s a great option for hot summer days. Measure ingredients into a large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups cubed potatoes (boil for 10 minutes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet or pot over medium heat
- Add the onion and celery, and cook until lightly browned
- Add the potatoes and continue cooking until the bacon is cooked through
- Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Mix well
Bacon And Vegetable Soup
This recipe is perfect for cold winter days when you feel like something warm and hearty. It can easily be customized to fit any diet.
Simply omit the item that you’re avoiding, whether it’s sugar, salt, gluten, or dairy. Seasoning the soup will give it a nice zesty flavor.
- 6 slices of bacon or 6 pieces of turkey bacon
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, corn, carrots)
- 1 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour mixed with 3 tablespoons water (optional)
- Fry bacon in a large pot over medium heat until cooked through
- Remove from the pot and set aside. Drain all but 2 tablespoons of the fat, and add vegetables to the pot
- Cook until softened
- Add broth and return the bacon to the pot
- Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender
- If desired, mix the flour-water mixture into the soup and stir well until gravy-like consistency is formed
Bacon Onion Cheese Bread
This is the perfect bread for giving as a gift or having on hand for those late-afternoon snacks when you just can’t decide between bread and chips (if you don’t do chips).
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 10 tablespoons butter or margarine
- cup chopped onions (optional)
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Cheddar or Colby)
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add beaten egg and mix.
- Add onion if desired and mix well
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to cool it down
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan or a 9×9-inch jelly-roll pan with margarine, margarine spray, or nonstick cooking spray
- Roll the dough out to fit into the pan
- If desired, cut bacon slices into long strips, brush each strip with melted margarine and place them along the length of the loaf
- Spread cheese over the mixture in the pan
- Bake bread according to package directions
- If a top crust is desired, brush it with melted butter or margarine just before baking
These sweet little packages of dates are so easy to pull together and are great for a snack on a hot summer day. These are especially delicious when served with a creamy dessert dip.
- 8 ounces of dates (about 24 large)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free flour
- 2 tablespoons water (optional)
- Slice each date lengthwise halfway down the center
- Mix brown sugar, water, and gluten-free flour in a small bowl
- Fill each date with a dollop of the mixture
- Wrap each date with a bacon strip
- Bake these in the oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes
- Another way is to cook in a saucepan on the stove over medium heat until the bacon is cooked through
Bacon And Cheese Puffed Pastry Bites
These little bites of yummy are perfect for parties or gatherings, and they can be made to suit your tastes. Skip the cheese or add more, depending on your preference.
Serve with crispy greens like lettuce and cauliflower florets mixed with ranch dressing as a dipping sauce.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or fat-free cream cheese)
- 1 package Puff Pastry (1/2 sheet)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
- Mix the Mozzarella cheese with a pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl
- Fill a medium-sized oven-proof baking dish with some olive oil
- Place 2 sliced bacon pieces on top of each section of pastry dough, pressing down slightly with your fingers so that they stick to the dish
- Sprinkle each section of the dough with a pinch of salt
- To make the filling, cut the cream cheese into small squares and place a piece inside each square
- Place it in your tightly-closing hand and squeeze hard until the cheese has come out through your fingers and the sides are smooth
- Mix some lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl
- Fill each pastry bite with this mixture. Bake for 20 minutes until the pastry is light golden brown on top
Bacon And Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms
This recipe is perfect for a party snack that both adults and children alike will enjoy.
You can easily personalize this recipe by omitting the spices or adding vegetables like broccoli or spinach.
These are best served in a pool of red wine sauce, but they’re just as good with ranch, blue cheese dressing, or even ketchup.
- 30 large button mushrooms
- bacon slices 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese (or fat-free cream cheese)
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Slice off the stems of the mushrooms and dice them finely
- Fry the bacon over medium heat until crisp and remove from the pan to drain on paper towels
- Chop or shred the mushroom caps
- Fry the onion over medium heat until translucent
- Stir in the parsley (if using) and mix well
- Fill each cap with 1/4 cup of grated cheese
- Place them in a baking dish, flat side down, and sprinkle with some chopped bacon
- Add a small amount of salt to the top of each one if desired
- Bake for 15–20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the mushrooms are tender
Bacon And Cheese Quiche
You can serve this popular dish as a fancy brunch or enjoy it as part of a buffet. Either way, you’ll find it’s a wonderful treat that’s perfect for company.
- 1 cup bacon fat
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 small onion (optional)
- 3 large eggs, 2 cups of milk (or heavy cream)
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Dice the bacon and fry it in the microwave for about 5 minutes
- Drain away most of the fat from the pan, leaving about two tablespoons behind
- Cheese may be added to this part of the recipe if desired
- Sauté an onion (if using) in two tablespoons of bacon fat until translucent
- Mix in flour and cook for one minute longer to make a roux
- Pour milk into a pan and mix well
- Add eggs, stirring with a whisk to make sure that egg and flour are fully incorporated
- Add green bell pepper (if using) and onion (if using)
- Mix well
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 × 13-inch baking pan
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F until the center is set
- Allow cooling in a pan before serving
Bacon And Cheese Waffles
Waffles are a great breakfast food, especially when served with crispy bacon.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices bacon (about 4 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese (fat-free cream cheese may be substituted)
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the waffle iron to medium heat
- In a small skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and add the bacon
- Cook the bacon for about 8 minutes or until crispy and drain away the fat
- In a bowl combine Mozzarella cheese and eggs, mixing well after each addition
- Add the mixture to the waffle iron, spreading it around to evenly cover the surface
- The amount of filling you use will depend on how thick you like your waffles, so adjust as needed.
- A 1/4- to 1/3-cup measure can be used for the best results
- Once the waffles are cooked, remove them from the heat and crumble bacon over top before serving
Bacon And Cheese Hoagie
This recipe can be served as a sandwich, or you may want to choose a different way to serve it. You may want to make two separate hoagies and serve one with the traditional cheese and the other with bacon.
You will most likely want to use a large hoagie roll for this meal so that all the ingredients fit in between the bread.
- 1 (8 oz.) package of bacon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 2 large hoagies (or four 6-inch submarine rolls)
Ingredients for filling:
- 8 slices of bacon (diced)
- 3 slices of ham cut into chunks
- 8 slices of cheddar cheese
- Put the bacon in a frying pan and fry until they are crispy
- Remove from the pan and drain on paper towels
- Add spread to bread
- top with cheese and ham before adding the diced bacon
- Serve warm
Bacon Macaroni And Cheese Bake
Macaroni is a traditional dish that you may enjoy frequently when you’re eating gluten-free. This recipe gives macaroni a new twist, adding bacon and cheese to make it extra delicious.
- 9 ounces gluten-free macaroni
- 1/4 cup of butter (or bacon fat)
- 1 cup of grated cheese (you may use more if desired)
- 5 slices of bacon (1/2 lb.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Butter a casserole dish and set aside
- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions
- Drain when cooked
- In a large skillet brown the bacon and then drain using paper towels
- Set aside on paper towels as well
- Add butter to the skillet and add in the macaroni, bacon, grated cheese, and chopped onions if desired
- Mix well
- Add extra salt if needed before cooking for about 12 minutes more until everything is heated through and combined
Bacon and cheese are two foods that most people enjoy together. The list of recipes provided in this article offers a wonderful selection to create a delightful assortment of meals for the entire family.
No matter what type of meal you want to serve, these ten recipes will provide plenty of inspiration.
Try one or all of these recipes and discover the delightful taste combination that can make any meal extra special.